1 – Note feeders won’t take notes (amber or red light showing)
- Amber light – Cassette has not been fully inserted. Open the deposit safe and push cassette in fully.
- Red Light – potential note jam.
- Use admin fob and sign on ⇒ Press ‘Maintenance’ ⇒ ‘Advanced settings’ ⇒ ‘Cash unit maintenance’ ⇒ and finally press “Reset readers”. This should clear any jammed notes.
- If the reset readers function doesn’t clear the jammed note, open the deposit safe, remove the cassette and check/remove any torn notes.
- You can find further bill acceptor diagnostic codes here
2 – Note feeders showing “Not ready or Disconnected”
Turn the power off at the mains. Make sure all of the lights on the ValiDator are off. Leave for 15 minutes. Turn the Validator back on.
3 – On showing a fob to the Validator nothing happens
The fob has been damaged. Please locate another card and order a replacement.
4 – On presenting a fob to the Validator it shows “invalid card”.
The card has not been activated. Please make sure your Validator is online and then restart the firmware, to do this:
Use Admin Card and sign on ⇒ Press “Maintenance” ⇒ ‘Restart Firmware’
5 – The key won’t turn.
- Make sure the handle is turned fully to the locked position.
- Try another key, the one you are using may be damaged.
- Make sure the key is not inserted upside down.
- Try spraying a small amount of WD40 into the lock if the above doesn’t work.
6 – No power to the Validator.
- Check that your Validator is plugged into the mains supply and the mains supply is switched on.
- Check that all of the plugs going into the Validator (at the back, in the centre, in line with the screen) are in securely.
- Check the fuses in your plugs or fused spur.
7 – Validator is just showing a load/blank screen.
Turn the power off. Make sure all of the lights on the Validator are off. Leave for 10 minutes. Turn the Validator back on.
8 – No power to the screen/card reader/note feeder
Please make sure the power to the Validator is connected. If you are happy that it is, please check that all of the plugs going to the Validator (at the back, in the centre, in line with the screen) are in securely.
9 – The message “No input signal” shows on screen
Please check that all of the plugs going into the Validator (at the back, in the centre, in line with the screen) are in securely.
10 – You have accidentally advanced the trading day
This can’t be set back. You will have to keep a note of what has happened and when you were due to advance next time, don’t.
11 – My code doesn’t work
First, try the code again. Make sure each time you press a digit a star appears in the sign on screen. Get another manager to try their code. If theirs works they can reset your code.
12 – My receipt didn’t print
- First make sure the printer has power and a that it has paper.
- If the receipt didn’t print after removing a cassette:
Check the condition of the cassette, make sure it is clean and that there are no stuck or ripped notes. Reinsert the cassette. If it resets and the light comes back on green remove the cassette again. It should now print your receipt
- Please note that receipts can be reprinted by:
Use Admin Card and sign on ⇒ Press ‘View Audit Logs’ ⇒ Select type of receipt ‘Collections’ or ‘deposits’ ⇒ You can now select from the list which receipt you would like and press ‘Print’
13 – I have locked my card inside the safe
There should be 3 admin fobs and 2 CIT fobs for each safe. Please locate a spare fob.
If no spare fob is available you will need to call our service line.
14 – My Validator won’t accept a recently released note
- Use Admin Card and sign on ⇒ Press ‘Maintenance’ ⇒ ‘Advanced settings’ ⇒ ‘Cash unit maintenance’ ⇒ ‘Download latest note sets’.
- Once the download finishes press ‘update unit’. Choose a unit to update. Each unit will take around 30 minutes to update.
- Once all readers have been updated navigate back to the sign on screen. You should now be able to deposit the new note.
If the above doesn’t help you please feel free to contact us on:
Service line – 01442 213779 (Option 1)
Line open between the hours of:
Monday to Friday – 08:30 – 17:30
Out of hours (emergency only) – 07836 244 440
Line open between the hours of:
Monday to Friday 07:00 – 08:30 & 17:30 – 22:00
Saturday 09:00 – 18:00
Sunday and bank holidays – 09:00 – 17:00